Monastery:
Pijarzy, Waręż (św. Marka Ewangelisty) dissolved

Introduced: 04.12.2012 10:27 | Last update: 10.04.2015 00:02 | Author of description: Patrycja Ziomek

Collapse timeline
  • Foundation / translocation / change of rule / takeover

    1688 r.
  • Dissolution executed

    Data faktycznej kasaty: 1784 r.
Expand all sections

Name

Main town / village: Waręż

Current name(s): ukr. Варяж

Religious order

Name of the order: Pijarzy

Full Polish name of the congregation: Zakon Kleryków Regularnych Ubogich Matki Bożej Szkół Pobożnych

Full Latin name of the congregation: Ordo Clericorum Regularium Pauperum Matris Dei Scholarum Piarum

Short Latin name: SchP; SP

Rite: rzymskokatolicki (katolicki)

Type of congregation: Active

Kind of congregation: męskie, kleryckie

Beginnings

Date of foundation / translocation / change of rule / takeover: 1688 r.

Description:

Fundacja Marka Matczyńskiego.

Entity at the time of the dissolution

Legal status: samodzielny

Type of independent entity: kolegium

Church dedication: św. Marka Ewangelisty

Nationality and ecclesiastical affiliation at the time of dissolution

Country: Rosja/Carstwo Rosyjskie, Cesarstwo Rosyjskie

Prowincja / Archimandria: Prowincja polska

Archbishopric: lwowskie

Diocese: chełmska

Dissolution

Kasaty 1773-1914
    • Kind: zrealizowana
    • Date of actual dissolution: 1784 r.

Map

Location: estimated

Geolocation: 50.5169444 24.0925 (hide map)

Sources of studies (including bibliography)

  • Hauser Zbigniew, Ilustrowany przewodnik po zabytkach Galicji Wschodniej. Lwowskie, Lwów, Stanisławskie, Warszawa, 2004, s. 244-245

Foto

Zrujnowany kościół pijarów pw. św. Marka Ewangelisty.
autor: Seleonov
źródło: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:%D0%92%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%8F%D0%B6._%D0%9A%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB_%D0%A1%D0%B2%D1%8F%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE_%D0%9C%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%B0.jpg