Monastery:
Dominikanie, Wilno-Łukiszki (św. Filipa, św. Jakuba) dissolved

Introduced: 04.12.2012 10:27 | Last update: 24.04.2015 12:44

Collapse timeline
  • Foundation / translocation / change of rule / takeover

    1624 r.
  • Dissolution executed

    Data faktycznej kasaty: 1844 r.
Expand all sections

Name

Main town / village: Wilno-Łukiszki

Current name(s): Vilnius

Religious order

Name of the order: Dominikanie

Full Polish name of the congregation: Zakon Braci Kaznodziejów

Full Latin name of the congregation: Ordo Fratrum Praedicatorum; Ordo Praedicatorum

Short Latin name: OP

Rite: rzymskokatolicki (katolicki)

Type of congregation: Active

Kind of congregation: męskie, mendykanckie

Beginnings

Date of foundation / translocation / change of rule / takeover: 1624 r.

Description:

Fund. kasztelan smoleński, Jerzy Litawor Chreptowicz.

Biblioteka klasztorna posiadała w 1820 r. zaledwie 26 woluminów. Spowodowane było to pożarem z 1812 r., który strawił niemal cały księgozbiór (Miławicki, HM, 1, 2012, s. 148-149).

Entity at the time of the dissolution

Legal status: samodzielny

Type of independent entity: klasztor

Church dedication: św. Filipa, św. Jakuba

Nationality and ecclesiastical affiliation at the time of dissolution

Country: Rosja/Carstwo Rosyjskie, Cesarstwo Rosyjskie

Territorial unit: gub. wileńska

Historical region: Litwa właściwa

Prowincja / Archimandria: Prowincja litewska pw. św. Anioła Stróża = Provincia Lithuana S. Angelí Custodis

Archbishopric: mohylewskie

Diocese: wileńska

Dissolution

Kasaty 1773-1914
    • Kind: zrealizowana
    • Date of actual dissolution: 1844 r.
    • Description:

      Kościół stał się kościołem parafialnym.

Map

Location: exact

Geolocation: 54.690694 25.272222 (hide map)

Sources of studies (including bibliography)