Monastery:
Szarytki, Lwów not dissolved, exists to this day without interruption

Introduced: 16.02.2015 10:13 | Last update: 17.10.2016 15:30 | Author of description: Paula Zawisza

Collapse timeline
  • Foundation / translocation / change of rule / takeover

    1741 r.
Expand all sections

Name

Main town / village: Lwów

Current name(s): Львів [pol. Lwiw, Lʹwiw; ang. L’Viv]

Other name(s): niem. Lemberg, łac. Leopolis, jidysz לעמבערג, לעמבעריק (Lemberg, Lemberik), orm. Լվով (Lwow), ros. Львов [pol. Lwow, ang. L'vov]

Religious order

Name of the order: Szarytki

Other accepted Polish names: Siostry miłosierdzia

Selected foreign names: franc.: Filles de la Charité de Saint Vincent de Paul; włos.: Figlie della Carità di San Vinzenzo de' Paoli

Full Polish name of the congregation: Zgromadzenie Sióstr Miłosierdzia św. Wincentego à Paulo

Short Latin name: FdC

Rite: rzymskokatolicki (katolicki)

Type of congregation: Active

Kind of congregation: żeńskie, habitowe, klauzurowe

Beginnings

Date of foundation / translocation / change of rule / takeover: 1741 r.

Description:

Do 1859 r. funkcjonował we Lwowie dom główny (EK, 18, 1425).

Entity at the time of the foundation

Legal status: samodzielny

Type of independent entity: dom

Nationality and ecclesiastical affiliation at the time of dissolution

Country: Austria (Monarchia Habsburgów)

Archbishopric: lwowskie

Diocese: lwowska

Takeover

Previously occupied by:

Map

Location: estimated

Geolocation: 49.839683 24.029717000000005 (hide map)

Sources of studies (including bibliography)

  • Umiński Wacław, Szarytki, [w:] Encyklopedia Wrocławia, t. 18: Serbowie-Szczepański, Lublin, 2013, kol. 1424-1425