Monastery:
Klaryski, Głogów (Święty Krzyż) dissolved

Introduced: 04.12.2012 10:27 | Last update: 11.05.2016 16:10

Collapse timeline
  • Foundation / translocation / change of rule / takeover

    1307 r.
  • Dissolution executed

    Data faktycznej kasaty: 1810 r.
Expand all sections

Name

Main town / village: Głogów

Name at the time of dissolution: Glogau

Other name(s): łac. Glogovia, niem. Glogau, cz. Hlohov, lit. Gloguvas, ros. Глогув [pol. Głoguw, ang. Gloguv]

Location

Address, current nationality and administrative affiliation:
  • Głogów, Polska/[III] Rzeczpospolita Polska, woj. dolnośląskie, pow. głogowski

Condition

Condition: brak danych

Religious order

Name of the order: Klaryski

Other accepted Polish names: damianitki

Full Polish name of the congregation: Zakon Świętej Klary

Full Latin name of the congregation: Ordo Sanctae Clarae

Short Latin name: OSC

Rite: rzymskokatolicki (katolicki)

Type of congregation: Contemplative

Kind of congregation: żeńskie, habitowe, klauzurowe

Beginnings

Date of foundation / translocation / change of rule / takeover: 1307 r.

Description:

Fund. Henryk IV książę poznańsko-głogowski

Według Encyklopedii Katolickiej fundacja miała miejsce w 1304 r. (EK, 9, 40).

Entity at the time of the dissolution

Church dedication: Święty Krzyż

Nationality and ecclesiastical affiliation at the time of dissolution

Country: Prusy (Prusy Książęce, Brandenburgia-Prusy, Królestwo Prus)

Territorial unit: prow. Śląsk

Historical region: Śląsk

Archbishopric: gnieźnieńskie

Diocese: wrocławska

Dissolution

Kasaty 1773-1914
    • Kind: zrealizowana
    • Date of actual dissolution: 1810 r.
    • Description:

      Klasztor wraz z kościołem św. Krzyża. Klasztor zamieniono na więzienie

Map

Location: exact

Geolocation: 51.6967 16.0525 (hide map)

Sources of studies (including bibliography)

  • Wrzeszcz Maria, Głogów, Encyklopedia katolicka, t. 5: Fabbri - Górzyński, Lublin, 1989, kol. 1131
  • Prejs Roland, Klaryski, [w:] Encyklopedia katolicka, t. 9: Kinszasa - Krzymuska, Lublin, 2002, kol. 38-43